This has been prepared as a result of the rules (measures) published by REPUBLIC OF TURKEY MINISTRY OF HEALTH, WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION (WHO) and TURKISH ATHLETIC FEDERATION and views of ISTANBUL METROPOLITAN MUNICIPALITY SPOR ISTANBUL.
The following measures have been adopted for event area, runners and LOC, and planned to prevent the crowd and maintain social distance in the track, event area, start and finish.
- Runners should regularly perform daily health checks and insulate themselves as much as possible, provided they start at least 2 weeks prior to race day.
- Social distance should be at least 1.5 meters for everyone in the event area
- Comprehensive disinfectant and cleaning should be done before, during and after the race.
- All equipment used, water bottles and cups should not be shared among the contestants.
- All hygiene materials (ex. paper wipes, towels, etc.) should be distributed packaged for safe use.
- Fever measurement will be carried out at the entrances to the event area, posters will be hung reminding of health measures and informative messages will be sent to mobile phones. This will reduce the chance of accidental contact.
- The social distance advice of the Ministry of Health and the WHO should be taken into account during the competition.
- An isolated area will be prepared in the event area prior to the transfer of the patient identified during the event to any hospital.
- Medical personnel and staff will be employed to assist in the assessment of other cases and/or other diseases.
- Before the event, all athletes with potential risks (comorbidities, drugs, allergies) must carry out health checks, and even these checks will be mandatory.
- All the visuals about being able to infect Covid-19 and prevent them from passing the virus on to others will be hanging in places where everyone can see.
- Sponsors will only be visually involved in the field. No activity will be permitted.
- Athletes are advised/asked to come to the field in clothing that they will run in order not to use locker booths.
- Alcohol-based hand gel and hygiene will be available to everyone in the event area and accommodation areas.
- In all areas (dressing and training areas, etc.) posters describing and expressing hygiene and similar measures will be hung.
- First aid and health services will be provided for testing and isolation of covid-19 suspected cases.
- At the invitation of the organizing committee, the Fever will be checked every day by the medical staff or Local Organizing Committee (LOC) officers of the professional athletes who will participate in the event.
- Those with a fever above 38 ° C should report it to the health officer of the organization. Within the scope of COVID-19, applications related to sick passengers will be based at border entry points (International airports, ports and border crossings).
- It will ensure that unit officials, staff, volunteers and other employees have the knowledge to isolate suspicious cases.
- Risk element to improve communication for participants and to make this communication easier:
- Clinical details of COVID-19, protective measures, especially respiratory rules and hand hygiene practices will be provided.
- People with symptoms will be asked to leave the area or go to a designated area.
- Knowledge of social distance
- Information about the use of visors and medical masks will be given.
- In the context of the event, the meaning of quarantine, self-isolation and self-monitoring will be explained and the practical effects will be addressed.
- Personnel and volunteers who have contact with items that need to be hygienic will use rubber gloves.
- Only disposable materials will be used.
- The water bottles given to athletes will be clean.
- All packed materials used in changing tents and on duty buses will be trashed along with the package at the end of use.
- How to intervene and where to isolate the runner diagnosed with COVID-19 will be determined in advance.
- The quarantined case will be determined where to intervene.
- It will be considered that a larger location may be needed beforehand so that many athletes can be quarantined if they are exposed to the disease.
- Emergency contact numbers will be determined in advance with medical units.
- Masks will be available for medical personnel and patients.
- Except for the possession of disinfectant wet wipes, all door handles in the event area will be disinfected several times a day by the cleaning staff, whatever is in contact.
- Ensure that hygiene items or equipment are available to runners:
- Disposable small personal plastic bags for disposal of tissue paper.
- Small information cards with important basic information.
- Medical mask s/he’ll wear if s/he’s sick
- Small alcoholic wet wipes
- Small disposable plastic cups
- Hand sanitizer
RECOMMENDATIONS TO RUNNERS
- Everyone in the event area (including athletes, volunteers, sponsor officers) should regularly measure his/her temperature and monitor his/her health regularly prior to the race.
- Anyone applying for or taking part in the race should listen to themselves before the event, not come to the field if sick, and report the situation to the authorities via the INTERNET or by phone.
- Athletes, staff, volunteers, suspects and those who have confirmed the disease should have sufficient information about what should be done and know where to find the details of the measures.
- Runners must measure their fever every day and/or on the day of the event, and cooperate with paramedics or staff in the event area.
- Those with a fever of 38 degrees or above should be notified to medical teams. Within the scope of COVID-19, applications related to sick passengers will be based at border entry points (International airports, ports and border crossings).
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water. If you do not have soap and water, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer. Hand sanitizer will be kept in the event area, hotel and on-duty buses and vehicles.
- When coughing or sneezing, cover your mouth and nose with a handkerchief or with your arm (not your hands). Follow the rules of hygiene. (keep distance: at least 1.5 m), use disposable wipes when coughing or sneezing, or cover with your elbow and wash your hands surely). If the cough persists, isolate yourself immediately and seek help from the nearest medical staff.
- Avoid contact with people affected by acute respiratory infections.
- If you are sick, do not contact anyone.
- Never share personal items such as clothes, soap, hygiene etc.
- Measures for the use of water bottles: • The hygiene team is responsible for having all athletes, officials and staff have their own water bottles to prevent transmission of viruses and bacteria.
- Avoid contact with your nose and mouth.
- Avoid handshakes and hugs.
- Do not use Sauna and/or Turkish baths etc.
Frequently contacted (door handles, elevators, gym items, etc.) make sure it is cleaned regularly.
- Health measures will start with pandemic questions along with the new registration period.
- Questions asked by the Ministry of Health about preventing contagion or new case detection study will also be asked during the race options and then suspicious or sick persons will not be taken into the race.
- All areas designated within the event area will be shared with the athletes and stewards prior to the race.
- Posters will be placed in various parts of the event area to raise awareness about COVID-19.
- All rules and measures are announced loudly in all areas via the sound system, to be repeated every 20 minutes.
- The Promoter will regularly share extensive texts containing all the information with the athletes before the event. (website and social media)
- The opening of a distribution stand in a central area to allow athletes to ride as little public transport as possible will be considered, making transportation easier.
- A runner’s distribution time will be limited to 3min.
- Social distance landmarks will be applied during kit distribution.
- The tables will be deployed 1.5 meters apart.
- The officers will use visors.
- Distribution kits will be prepared at least 3 days in advance.
- Working with the appointment system to avoid crowds will be shared with runners to practice the number of participants/days divided into two etc.
- Fever control at the entrance.
- The plan of the event area will be shared before the race.
- A maximum of 100 bags will be taken to the 4×4-meter tent and there will be 1.5 M of preventative tape in front of these tents.
- The interior of the dressing tents will be divided and/or tents of the smallest size (for 1 and/or 2 persons) will be established.
- While the number of toilets is 1 toilet for 100 people, 1 toilet for 25 people will be kept.
- Massage tents will not be installed.
- All microphones used will be foiled.
- Contact in the field will only be made between the team leaders. Attendants will not leave their seats throughout the organization.
- Your area will be disinfected the day before.
- There will be no awards ceremony or similar events.
- Rest areas will be installed outside the event.
- Athletes will perform warm-up movements in the waiting area where they are allocated.
- All sections in the event area (VIP press locker bags and SPONSOR tents) will be deployed considering the pandemic distance.
- Runners should have bags such as garbage bags with them, and they will be ensured to collect and tied their wastes such as beverage, food waste, paper tissue, mask in this bag and throw them into general waste bins.
- Garbage bins will be placed in many locations in the area in accordance with hygiene conditions.
- The runners who will come to the race will be asked to wear their training and/or race clothes to ensure that the dressing tents are used less due to hygiene and social distance rules.
- Athletes and coaches who do not wear masks will not be taken to the field. The race management will provide the mask to the runner or trainer who does not have the mask.
- There will be no violation of the social distance rule in the field and no physical contact, such as a handshake.
- Runners with symptoms of my salon infection such as fever, cough, shortness of breath will be directed to the created isolation room and notified to the health care provider.
- The use of visor mask will be provided for cleaning and security personnel.
- Hand sanitizer will be kept at the entrances and various parts of the site.
- Posters will be placed in various parts of the area raise awareness about COVID-19.
- Announcements will be made for the physical distance to be at least 1.5 meters for everyone in the area.
- Comprehensive disinfectant and cleaning procedures will be carried out regularly during and after the race.
- All athletes, stewards and staff will have their own water bottles to prevent transmission of viruses and bacteria.
- Social distance signs, social distance officers, cleaning and hygiene team will be kept.
- In road races, athletes will be arranged so that one person will fall on the lanes and roadsides on the road due to social distance.
- The social distance between athletes will be 1.5 M.
- 1 runner will have a social distance area of at least 4 square meter.
- The start interval between athletes will be at least 5 seconds. (side-by-side sequence numbers may vary according to start width)
- Runners will be asked to run from the right of the road as much as possible.
- The runner who will pass the forward runner will pass to the left of the runner, maintaining the distance as in traffic.
- Pacer will not be applied
- Athletes will be grouped into the following sections and will start according to their race rib color. (For example YM 21K)
Red exit : 09:00
Black Exit : 9:10 AM
Yellow Exit : 9:20 AM
Navy Blue Exit : 9:30 AM
Green Exit : 9:40 AM
- After the finish line, 3 corridors of at least 25M length will be created so that athletes do not come side by side at certain distance.
- Mask hygiene measures will be taken at the end of the race by both officials and runners.
- A cleaning and hygiene team will be created.
- There will only be a medical tent at the finish and the stretcher ranges will be 1.5 m.
- The runner/food kits will be given at a close distance to the event site and will be as far away from the start as possible.
- The medal will be distributed inside the food kit.
- Chip collection will not be done by staff. Runners will leave chips themselves in chip collection boxes.
- Rest stations will be within the area. The rest area and activity areas will all be designated with social distance signs.
- Runners will not be able to bring their relatives to the race.
- The number of buses collecting runners will be 1 for every 500 people
- Water stations will be doubled in length
- The waters will be deployed with 1 meter space between the tables
- The number of referees and officials will be kept to a minimum
- All officers will be informed about social distance warning/training will be given
- The sharing of water bottles and cups will certainly be prohibited.
The water bottle given to the participants will be served clean and without touching the hand.
EVENTS THAT WON'T BE HELD THIS YEAR
- Marathon fair
- Medal Distribution
- Awards Ceremony
- Meeting points
- Feeding stations in Start and finish area